In-depth guide to acid reflux in babies and toddlers, including causes, symptoms, treatments, GER, GERD, other diagnoses, prognosis, and FAQ.
Here you’ll find all articles about sick babies and how to help them.
The posts include what to do when your baby has a cold, is running a fever, or seems to have a stomach bug. You’ll find posts about babies with eye infections, mucus, seizures, a bad cough, and many more issues.
Sometimes it is difficult to know if a baby really is ill or not. Here are some signs that your baby is sick. This is not a complete list, and since you know your child the best, following your intuition regarding changes in your baby’s health is important.
Some signs that your infant is ill:
– Fever equal to or greater than 100.4F (38 C) by rectum. If your baby is less than 6 weeks old with a fever of 100.4F (38 C) or higher, call the doctor immediately.
– Vomiting (not just spitting up) more than one feeding in a day and your baby doesn’t usually do this (for example from acid reflux).
– Diarrhea or loose watery stools that are more frequent than usual.
– Refusal to eat for more than one feeding, gets unusually tired while suckling or falling asleep in the middle of successive feedings.
– Lethargy or listlessness, i.e. sudden and prolonged decrease in activity level.
– Unusual skin rash.
– Fast breathing (over 70 times per minute) or difficulty breathing. Fast breathing can mean a high fever so check your baby’s temperature.
– Persistent irritability.
All Articles About The Sick Baby
Learn about different types of baby acne, what's causing them, how to get rid of baby acne, what not to do, and what other skin conditions may mimic baby acne.
The possible reasons, symptoms, and remedies for a chronic cough in baby. Also find the definition of a chronic cough vs acute cough.
Finding bleeding in a baby's diaper can be very scary. Find reasons for blood in a baby's diaper here, including blood from baby's vagina and stools.
"Help, my baby is rolling his eyes up to the back of his head." Learn about normal and abnormal infant eye-rolling and what to do if your baby is rolling eyes.
I know a mom who gives her 8 month old Tylenol every day. Now she has started to give the baby Motrin, isn't it harmful to give drugs to a baby every day?
Help, my 3-month-old baby won't stop throwing up! I have switched his milk three times on a doctor's recommendation, but it doesn't help. What can this be?
When my baby lost his umbilical stump, his belly button was read and raw until treated with silver nitrate. Now my baby's belly button is opening up again?
Q&A: My newborn baby vomits then passes out and become limp for about 1-2 minutes. Doctor says reflux. Can this be true? Learn about possible reasons here!
Q&A: My sick baby will not drink anything! ER sent us home, but I am very worried! Here's how to combat dehydration at home when your baby refuses to drink.
Baby makes stranges sounds and gasps when pooping and after and even when changing diaper. What can this be? (Find reasons here!)
Q&A: Our baby's arms start to shake when he is attempting to grab something or when annoyed or sleepy. Is it a neuro problem? Find possible reasons here!