My 7 month old has had a cough for 1.5 months now. We tried Amoxicillin for 10 days but it didn't clear the cough totally. What home remedies should I try?
Here you'll find all the questions about sick babies answered here at Easy Baby Life. Questions include what to do when your baby has a cold, is running a fever or seems to have a stomach bug. You'll find babies with eye infections, mucus, seizures, a bad cough and many more issues.
Sometimes it is difficult to know if a baby really is ill or not. Here are some signs that your baby is sick. This is not a complete list, and since you know your child the best, following your intuition regarding changes in your baby's health is important.
Some signs that your infant is ill:
– Fever equal to or greater than 100.4F (38 C) by rectum. If your baby is less than 6 weeks old with a fever of 100.4F (38 C) or higher, call the doctor immediately.
– Vomiting (not just spitting up) more than one feeding in a day and your baby doesn't usually do this (for example from acid reflux).
– Diarrhea or loose watery stools that are more frequent than usual.
– Refusal to eat for more than one feeding, gets unusually tired while suckling or falling asleep in the middle of successive feedings.
– Lethargy or listlessness, i.e. sudden and prolonged decrease in activity level.
– Unusual skin rash.
– Fast breathing (over 70 times per minute) or difficulty breathing. Fast breathing can mean a high fever so check your baby's temperature.
– Persistent irritability.
Now head on to the Q&As!
If a baby or toddler gets so angry, starts to hyperventilate and passes out, is it normal or illness? Read about breath-holding spells and hyperventilation!
It is surprisingly common for babies to have sweaty hands and feet and even more; sweaty heads. Learn what may be causing this and when to worry.
Why do babies suddenly start shaking their head from side to side? This can be normal behaviour or related to illness. Learn the most common reasons here.
Finding bleeding in a baby's diaper can be very scary. Find reasons for blood in a baby's diaper here, including blood from baby's vagina and stools.
Find guidelines and tips on what to do when a baby or toddler has diarrhea. Learn how to help your child and when to call the doctor.
Baby's eye is red in the corner and the medicin is not helping after a few days. What could this be and what to do?
Since 3 months, my 2 year old has a habit of eating wall paint, sand, talcum powder, etc. He eats less regular food. He looks thinner now. I am worried.