What are the signs of sexual abuse in children under the age of two?
Baby Help Line:
Signs Of Sexual Abuse In Toddlers
There are many signs that can indicate sexual abuse in toddlers, although it is of course not certain that any abuse is occurring just because of the presence of one or a few signs.
Some important signs to look for are:
- That the child is behaving sexually in a way that can’t be expected for his or her age.
- That the child becomes aggressive or very passive and withdrawn, depending on personality.
- Physical trauma in the genitial or anal areas
- Abnormally dilated of vaginal or rectal openings
- Pain in these areas
There are many other possible signs as well. For a good overview, please consult this website: www.child-abuse-effects.com (Opens in new window)
There are some other threads here at Easy Baby Life dealing with similar situations. You might find it useful to read these discussions too:
- What are the signs of sexual molesation in baby boy?
- Is my baby sexually abused?
- Possible Abuse Or Mom Overreacting?
I really wish you good luck and sincerely hope that your worries will be confirmed to be wrong.
If anyone has experience of child sexual abuse, please post in the comments below.
Find comments below.
Comments for “Signs Of Child Sexual Abuse In Toddler?”
We have changed to a new commenting system. Add your comments below or return to Baby Injuries Q&A.