Mom’s Travel Testimony
One of the best places I have found that is great to take my growing family is Fort Desoto State Park in Pinellas County Florida. They offer a wonder of things to do with your baby, and since my own children are three months to 18 months, it was essential to find something that would stimulate their growing curiosity and be children/family-friendly.
Here are some of the things I like about Fort Desoto Park:
- This State Park offers bicycle rentals, with a surrey and bikes with infant seats and helmets. The bike trails are paved and lighted and run through the park or you can go on the dirt-covered bike trails running along the gulf bay.
- One of the top-rated beaches in the United States, with an observation pier so your little ones can enjoy the sounds of nature. We enjoyed everything from wading in the water to watching the dolphins swim in the bay.
- They have family-friendly accommodations as in the restroom facilities to having a convenient concession stand.
- There are shaded areas with picnic tables and pavilions to enjoy that special day at the beach. They also offer a campground with a playground, that offers primitive and full hookups for your pleasure to stay in the outdoors.
- I highly recommend Fort Desoto State Park for it is full of natural touching, hearing and the calmness only a nature hideaway can offer. Nearby attractions to take your baby is the various beaches on the gulf, along with fishing and hiking.
Despite being so busy, as you can imagine, with two such young kids, I really felt that I could slow down relax when we were here, I will keep coming back!
Watch this video to get an impression of what this wonderful place is like!
More Baby-Friendly Vacation Spots In Florida
Who else has been to Fort Desoto State Park or are considering a visit! Drop a comment below! 🙂