Anyone breastfeeding, pregnant, trying to conceive or simply not feeling like consuming alcohol can still enjoy really yummy, non-alcoholic drinks (mocktails)! Here are some of my favorite recipes!
And if you want many more great non-alcoholic drink recipes, check out the book “Mocktails: The Complete Bartender’s Guide!”
Super Yummy Non-alcoholic Drinks to Enjoy!
- Wow-Fresh Watermelon Drink
- Mommy Mojito
- Punch for Lunch
- Hawaiian Happy Punch
- Virgin Piña Colada
- Strawberry & Ice Cream Dream
Wow-Fresh Watermelon Drink
- 1.3-1.5 lb (600-700 g) watermelon
- 3 tablespoons squeezed lime or lemon
- 1 bottle of lemonade, for example, 7 Up 11 oz cups (33 cl)
- About 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Ice cubes
- Mint, fresh (for decoration)
Peel the melon, get rid of the seeds, and cut in pieces. You should now have around 1.1 lb of melon. Put the melon in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Mix all ingredients, fill the glasses and decorate with fresh mint.
- 5-10 mint leaves torn in pieces
- Lime juice from half a lime fruit
- Some sugar syrup (depends on how sweet you want the drink to be)
- Mineral water
Boil equal parts of water and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Let cool. Add to the drink until you are satisfied with the taste. A lot of ice. Fill up with mineral water.
Punch for Lunch
- Juice from 1 lime fruit
- Brown sugar to taste, maybe 1 teaspoon
- Ginger Ale
Stir the brown sugar until more or less dissolved in the juice. Add a lot of ice. Fill up with Ginger Ale.
Hawaiian Happy Punch
This recipe serves about 12 people. You can reduce it as you please.
- 24 oz can of cranberry juice
- 2 cups of Hawaiian punch
- 2 liters of ginger ale
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of fruit cocktails or fresh fruit and berries, such as peach, raspberries, pineapple, strawberries, grapes
- (A little bit of sugar might be needed if using fresh fruits, but not certain at all)
Mix cranberry juice, Hawaiian punch, ginger ale, lemon juice, lime juice, and fruit cocktails or pieces of fresh fruits together in a punch bowl. Let cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours. If using fresh fruits, taste to see if the drink is sweet enough. Otherwise, stir a bit sugar in ginger ale and add as needed. Serve when ready.
Virgin Piña Colada
- 1.5 ounce coconut milk
- 1.5 ounce pineapple juice
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Schweppes Bitter lemon (or similar or mineral water)
- Crushed ice
This one is easy – simply put all ingredients in a glass. Stirr. Done!
Strawberry & Ice Cream Dream
This drink is somewhere in between a drink and a dessert. You can use it as both! It is light, tasty and festive, especially if served in high champagne type glasses. (4 servings)
- 0.7 lb (300 gr) strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 0.5 lb (200 gr) strawberry or vanilla ice cream
- 0.9 cups (2 dl) low-fat milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 0.9 cups (2 dl) chilled, carbonated water
Pick over and clean the berries if fresh, defrost them if frozen. Save four berries for decoration.
Put the remaining berries in a blender. Add the milk and ice cream. Mix until smooth and creamy.
Add sugar if needed
Add the carbonated water, stir carefully and serve in high glasses with a strawberry on the top.
Give the recipes for these non-alcoholic drinks to your hubby, head for the sun bed or sofa and enjoy! If you have additional non-alcoholic drink recipes or tips to share, please do, by leaving a comment below! :-)