If anyone is thinking about visiting Outer Banks with kids, I can definitely recommend it!
We rented a house with friends on the Outer Banks when my kids were 3 months and 4 years old.
The house was great because the owner had baby items like a high chair, pack n play, baby gates and even baby floats for the pool. The house had games, puzzles and pool toys to keep the older kids busy too!
Also, our area had a community pool, playground and bike paths.
You can rent just about anything your baby would need from local shops- we rented the jogging stroller which was great for long walks on the beach.
There are all kinds of things to do in Outer Banks with toddlers or a kids in general. Here are some ideas:
- An aquarium called the North Carolina Aquarium. It has sea turtle assistance, you can watch all sorts of marine animals and even touch stingrays! Fun for kids!
- mini golf,
- the Roanoke Island Festival Park, which is an interactive family attraction about the first English settlement in America,
- the Island farm, which is a history site interpreting daily life on Roanoke Island in the mid-1800s is also fun,
- if you have older kids, you can go ghost crabbing at night!
- and of course a wonderful beach!
And many more things…
Everything was close enough that we could go and do something and yet still be home in time for the baby to nap.
It was such a great vacation that we have continued to go there every summer since!
You can watch the video below to see what Outer Banks is like. It really is a great place!
More Baby Friendly Vacation Spots North And South Carolina
- Myrtle Beach Family Vacation
- Hilton Head, SC, Great Beach Vacation
- A Baby Friendly Zoo In North Carolina
Who else has visited or in planning to visit Outer Banks with kids? What will you do? Sare your tips here with other parents!