- Parent’s Tips On Aurora and Naperville, IL
- Video of Naperville
- More Baby Friendly Vacations Spots Near Illinois
Parent’s Tips On Aurora and Naperville, IL
(Lombard, IL. USA)
If you are looking for a baby friendly place to do some “major” shopping, Fox Valley Mall in Aurora, Illinois is the place to go! The Mall is located west of Chicago, off I-88.
I recently spent the day with my 9-month-old and was amazed at how “kid friendly” the mall was.
Located on the lower level of the mall is a full-size carousel within the massive food court. It’s wonderful entertainment for babies to watch while grabbing a bite to eat. I was also quite impressed with the full size “family lounge” area they have just located off the food court. Here you can relax & comfortably feed the baby, nurse in a private area. They also offer full-size private bathrooms, and an area with bottle warmers, changing area, sink. All the comforts of home.
The shops are incredible here, my favorite being “Build a Bear”. Here you can actually put together piece by piece your own “Teddy Bear”. It was great fun for me & a wonderful keepsake for the baby.There are so many other wonderful shops in this mall, you could definitely spend the day finding bargains.
When you’re done with your shopping, get into your car and take a short drive to Naperville, Illinois. This town of over 150,000 was just voted #2 in the world of “best places to live” and has a wide variety of family oriented activities to enjoy:
- Visit the DuPage Children’s Museum. This may not be for the youngest babies, but even an 8-month-old can enjoy this place. They have “Young Explorers Areas” that are especially for children under 2 years. You can visit the DuPage Children’s Museum website here.
- The Naperville Parks are great to visit if the weather is nice. There are several great ones to visit, like the Centennial Beach or the Riverwalk to mention two options. The park district has its own website that you can visit here.
- Naper Settlement – A historical settlement has been maintained with original houses, a blacksmith, volunteers in period costumes, a replica of the original settlement fort and more. A nice place for both adults and children.
Enjoy your trip to Fox Valley & Naperville, IL. We did!!
Video of Naperville
More Baby Friendly Vacations Spots Near Illinois
Have you been to Naperville or Fox Valley Mall or any other baby-friendly place nearby? Please share by leaving a comment below. 🙂